Having a website or a blog is a sure way to become financially free. If it’s not just about the financial freedom, where talking about the ability to put out content and reach millions of people all over the world and make money with it. Creating content on the web is a sure way you exercise your skill and become rich off of it. Yes websites are created for various purposes and the goal is to earn from it because you would use alot of your time to manage it. In order to put your time for it’s worth you’d also have to be earning. We’d be discussing these ways we can earn from our website below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Cost Per Click Advertising
- Selling Ad Spaces
- Affiliate Marketing
- Donation Based Monetization
- Selling Your Own Products or Services
- Sponsored Content
- Flipping Your Website
- Membership Websites
- Coupons with Affiliate Links
- Set Up Online Courses/Coaching
1.Cost Per Click Advertising: CPA is an advertising model where website owners earn passive income each time a reader clicks on an advertisement banner. There are several sites that enables you to earn with CPA. Adsterra is one of such. You even have banners for display incase you don’t have a blog or a website. This is known as direct link. you can monitize any type of traffic whether your Facebook page, Instagram, WhatsApp status etc. you can monitize any type of traffic. You can also monitize withGoogle AdSense. It’s also one the easiest ways to make extra money as it doesn’t require much effort to set up. Website owners could quickly and simply place ads on the blog or website. Another great thing is that you can still apply to be an AdSense partner even if you have multiple sites. We also have propeller ads which is also another wonderful site that allows you to monitize you site. The great thing about this is the payout weekly with a $5 minimum.
2. Selling Ad Spaces:
Selling free space on your site directly to advertisers . This method is more time consuming, but it maximizes the earnings that you way the advertisements can take the shape of a link at the bottom of the page, side banners, or small pop-ups. The pricing for each can also vary since you have control over price negotiations as well. However, to make use of this method, you need to have a high conversion rate as well as traffic. As this method utilizes the pay-per-click or pay-per-visitor model, you will be paid by advertisers depending on the number of people that click the ad or visit the site.
*How to to market your ads space: Make a media kit – a summary that outlines the statistics and key facts of your website.
Send it to potential advertisers. Let them know why they should work with you.
When you’ve landed your group of advertisers, manage them using Google Ad Manager. You can use online tools like Clicky Web Analytics, Quantcast, and Google Analytics to get information about your website. If you have a WordPress site, adding Google Analytics is easy with our tutorial. the right advertisers can be tricky. But, with the help of Google Ads, LinkedIn, and SellerCrowd, you’ll find a good match in no time.
3. Affiliate Marketing: If you have the capability of reviewing or promoting products, you can try affiliate marketing to monetize a website. Through affiliate links, you can earn commissions when readers buy the products or services of the companies that you affiliate with. Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest methods to earn passive income if your website with good traffic.
4. Donation Based Monetization: If your content offers value to the reader and you need suppDobaort to grow your website, you can politely ask for donations. Not every reader will donate, but if you have enough traffic, you might earn enough to fully sustain your website and make some money on the side. You can set up donation buttons on your site that allows readers to contribute directly. Link them to payment processors such as PayPal, Stripe, or Fundly.
Add the buttons as widgets and place them anywhere you like. Make sure the readers can find them easily.
5. Selling Your Own Products or Services: setting up an e-commerce store feature on your website is something you can easily access with a premium plan. This can be another form of dropshipping or you could integrate dropshipping sites like Ecwid, Shopify to your website. This would give you the leverage to promote your e-commerce store on both sites which is the original dropshipping site and your website.
Altogether, you have a channel to promote sellable goods both online, through dropshipping or offline (Seller to customer relation)
6. Sponsored Content: Sponsored content is a collaboration between you as a publisher and the brands that you’re partnering with. Whether you’re starting a blog or building a website, sponsored content is a lucrative channel. Businesses pay you to create content for them and publish it on your site. The content can be in the form of product or sales announcements, offers, infographics, or reviews. They can be written by you or by the sponsoring brand itself. You can charge a higher rate If you’ll be writing the post as well as publishing it on your website. Before starting to create sponsored content, you should consider these:
*How much influence you have online.
The number of sponsored posts you’ll be writing each month.
*How much time you’ll spend creating the content.
*Brand value (the sponsored content vs. your blogging brand). BuzzFeed, for example, can charge around $100,000 for a sponsored content piece. This is due to its high influence and brand value.
There are ways to monitize your website with sponsored post. One thing is to start small. Kristy Ellington, a content marketer, and strategist recommends starting with smaller national brands and companies. Also you should build a portfolio by partnering with marketing and PR agencies. Search around sponsorship markets such as Tomoson, Cooperatize, and PayPerPost. Sponsored content is a viable way to generate income through your website. Just remember to be transparent with your readers.
7. Flipping Your Website: This method is a little different from the others as it involves selling your website. It can be profitable depending on the type of site you run. To get a bigger picture of how much a site can sell, you can browse through the listings at Empire Flippers. Factors that influence the selling price of a website are:
*The amount of traffic a website has
*How much profit it generates
8. Membership Websites :A membership website is like an upgraded donations method. Here, you’ll be charging readers to access specific content. Take International Living – an online travel magazine and Blue Apron – a recipe blog, as examples. Readers need to sign up or subscribe if they want to access the content of these websites. If you’re confident that your content is worth paying for, you can try monetizing your website in this manner.
How to monetize a website via memberships:
Find the right model for your
*Subscription: users pay monthly or annually to access a site’s content and benefits.
*Transaction: separately selling individual contents such as tutorial videos, audio downloads, or training programs.
*Metered: content is free until readers reach a certain checkpoint. They will have to pay a certain amount if they want to continue reading.
Set up the paywall. If you have a WordPress site already up and running, then all you have to do is add a member site plugin.
Some recommended plugins that you can use for content restriction:
*Membership & Content Restriction: restricts any part of your content, sets up unique subscription plans, and processes membership payments.
*Simple Membership: creates membership levels and restricts content to specific membership tiers.
*WP-Members: hides parts of your content and displays teasers. It also provides tools to set up dedicated registration forms wherever you want.
9. Coupons with Affiliate Links: Roughly 97% of consumers look for deals when they shop. Another form of affiliate marketing can be offering coupons from affiliate partners.
Rakuten is the leader when it comes to online discounts and coupons. The site attracts customers and directs them to merchants they’ve partnered with, earning commissions along the way.
Putting up coupons in your site is an opportunity to attract more traffic.
So what are the options?
Post coupons from affiliate partners/programs you’ve joined to your existing sites.
Contact your local and national retailers for deals you can promote on your website.
Create sites dedicated to offering coupons. These can be general, such as coupons.com, or specific, like Holidayers.
10. Set Up Online Courses/Coaching: If you have valuable knowledge to share, you can monetize a website by providing online courses. Digital courses come in different formats. They can be simple PDF downloads, recorded audio, or well-produced videos. You could offer step-by-step videos as well as how-to articles.
With these, you’re definitely going to have a great financial journey. You know hardwork, consistency and the right strategy would push you to success. Don’t limit yourself. Use this information as a solution to your financial freedom as these are very applicable and results yielding methods to make money with your website. Feel free to comment your thoughts in the comment section.
Good luck 😊.
Leave a Reply